Thursday, October 20, 2011

Who wants to be a firefighter when they grow up?

Apparently, Lauren does!

My parenting group got a tour and some education at the Royal Oak Fire Department today.  I was looking forward to it all week.  Between you and me, I was really hoping they would let us slide down the poll. Negative.  Heh, a girl can wish:)
It wasn't just me, look how happy these mom's look?


 The firemen did a great job trying to get the kids to be comfortable around them.  Saying over and over, that they are just themselves underneath all the equipment and not to be scared.  Lauren wasn't intimidated one bit and did in fact raise her hand that she wanted to be a firefighter when she grows up!

Even though I'm the parent, I learned a lot this morning.  
Most importantly, the firefighters recommended that we install smoke alarms that can detect both heat and smoke.  Many can only detect one.  How to know?  You want check the inside to make sure they have both an I and P in the inside.  

She was really excited and engaged during our visit, it was cracking everyone up!  I can only say it was because we watched a youtube video about fire trucks the night before to get her pumped up for the visit.  Before watching the video she really only knew what a fire truck was from a picture.  Or maybe she was just happy to get out of the house (as was mom) after we hunkered down all of Wednesday because of rain.


The kids and parents enjoyed...some more than others, but a fun morning!



 Thank you to the Royal Oak Firefighters for having us!

XOXO

Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment