Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Quin-what?


Quinoa (pronouced "keen-wah") has been my current food obsession over the last few weeks.  It's all over pinterest, side salads at restaurants, and magazines.  I've made it a few times in the past, but lately I just can't get enough.  It's so good for you.  I'm never going to claim to be a nutritionist, all I can tell you is the stuff sticks to you and leaves you satisfied for hours.  You can check out the real benefits here.

I wanted to share a few of the recipes that we've tried, but I've also been making extra and then adding it to a salad for lunch throughout the week for some extra protein.  It can be expensive so if you are just going to give it a try, Trader Joe's has a 1 lb. bag for $3.99

ENJOY!  

Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash and Quinoa



****The following pictures are not mine and were taken from the corresponding recipe's website****











Let me know if you try any of these, I always love the comments:)

 And don't forget to get out and vote today!  




XOXO

Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment