Tuesday, September 18, 2012

If You Give A Mouse A Cookie...(DIY nightstand)

I posted about the lamp I found for Lauren's room a few weeks back and it got me thinking about what I could do to her nightstand.  There is a matching nightstand that I was going to paint white and use in William's room, but decided the unused one needed to be as bold as the lamp.


What do you think?  Bold enough?
I think it's perfect for my packed full of personality preschooler:)


 Here was the before.  I actually bought the set for $25 off Craigslist 5 years ago and painted them black.  I'm thrilled they are being repurposed again. 


 Unfortunately, I'm not as skilled as Billy is with a can of spray paint.
He lightly sanded everything and was good to go.
We've had good luck with this brand and the best luck when the humidity is low.  Sticky air means bubbles.

Ladies and gentlemen, please don't be fooled by Billy's charm and good looks.  He isn't always so willing to help when my wheels start spinning.  Projects usually involve beers, and not because they are difficult but because he has you-know-who critiquing and questioning him at every step.  And a post-project nap?  Let's be honest, spray painting doesn't take a lot out of you...but I go along with it because I'll need his expertise again soon.




My favorite part are the glass knobs that I had picked up at Home Goods months ago.  They complete the nightstand and dress it up.



Mrs. Mouse got her cookie and glass of milk and Mr. Mouse is praying she stays on task on completes one project at a time!




Sharing with:

Home Stories A 2 Z


XOXO

Aubrey

25 comments:

  1. Oh goodness sakes, this is GORGEOUS! You are well on your way to good things in blogland if you keep up work like this! Going to pin - maybe I'd love to do something like this for my daughter's "big girl" room someday. Also I have a Trash 2 Treasure Party every Tuesday and I'd LOVE you to join in!! :) p.s. hello from one Michigander to another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, so cute!!! On instagram I thought it was red which is why I thought it was for Wills room....maybe do his white with te navy accent?!?

    Xoxo,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found this from Pinterest. GREAT JOB! It looks gorgeous, would never believe you did that with spray paint. And the knobs are a great touch! Cute lamps too :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the paint color in your little girl's room????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry but I don't have the color. It is Benjamin Moore but I painted this almost 4.5 years ago and it was a color the paint shop tweaked for me. I had saved the can but somehow it got thrown away.

      Delete
    2. thanks for the reply :)

      Delete
  5. LOVE THIS!! Found it thru Pinterest! So Cute and I love how you write the story...along with the directions... Cute! Love the colors!

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you get her bedding? It's so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The duvet is from Land of Nod but I believe it is discontinued.

      Delete
  7. Love it! The colors are gorgeous and go perfect in the room. What color are the walls? I have paneling in my daughters room at our Cape House and the green paint would match her quilt. So would the dresser! Thanks so much.

    Karen
    Etsy: bellabargains.com
    Blog: http://bellabargains.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the color any longer. It is Benjamin Moore but I painted it so long ago and the paint shop actually tweaked the color for me. You are the second person that has asked so next time I'm there I'll get a couple samples and try to match. All they did was add a little bit of white to lighten it for me.

      Delete
    2. HI Aubrey! I was just at Home Depot yesterday trying to match this green. My husband doesn't love either one, but he likes this picture. Any luck finding out what the color was? Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Where did you get the wall paneling from, or somewhere similar, we are in the process of finishing our basement and would love to add something like this.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. could you tell me if you used Kiltz and if so was it the spray on kind or was it the paint on kind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just sanded and used that rustoleum that I showed.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE THE ENDTABLE AND I WOULD LOVE TO FEATURE IT , IF THAT WOULD BE OK PLEASE LET ME KNOW,
    LAUREN

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love for you to feature it! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aubrey

    I posted your feature and you can see it here,
    Thanks again for letting me show off your end table,
    Lauren

    http://westfurniturerevival.blogspot.com/2013/06/revival-monday-114.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. So darling!
    Ok, I've blog-stalked you for a few days now, trying to find if you had mentioned it somewhere... from what I can see you haven't, but if you have and I missed it, I apologize.
    How did you do your wall treatments?! Is it a paneling, or did you piece it together? We are just finishing our basement, and I want this EXACT wall treatment in my kids' rooms!
    Any info will be so helpful!
    Thanks! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paneling is actually painted knotty pine. I think it was a big look 30 plus years ago, but painting it was a must for us! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  15. Love the painted drawers with glass knobs. What is the wall color? We are moving and it would go well with my 3 yr olds nature bedding. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We just painted the knotty pine walls in our daughter's room a very similar color to yours! I did a double take when I saw the picture on Pinterest! The color we used is Benjamin Moore Pale Vista. Love the pink accents that you used.

    ReplyDelete