The recipe was easy to prepare, healthy and quite filling (I could only do 1 taco!), we even had plenty for leftovers for lunch today too.
Spice-Rubbed Chicken & Vegetable Tacos with Chipotle Cream
The longest part of prepping was the cutting of the veggies, but the rub took no time at all. I served with grilled red skin potatoes (instead of rice). The chipotle cream is a little spicy, so might add a little less next time.
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chiles (about 2)
- 2 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked hot Spanish paprika
- 2 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 red & orange bell pepper, seeded, cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch-thick strips
- ½ onion cut up into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves, each halved horizontally
- Corn or Flour tortillas
Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
Whisk sour cream and chipotle chiles in small bowl; season with salt.
Stir brown sugar and next 5 ingredients in another small bowl to blend for spice rub.
Place zucchini and bell pepper on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with canola oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle spice rub over both sides of vegetables and chicken.
Place chicken and vegetables on barbecue. Grill until vegetables are tender and browned in spots and chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer to work surface; cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick strips. Cut vegetables crosswise into 3/4-inch pieces. Place chicken and vegetables in large bowl; toss to blend.
Place chicken and vegetables and chipotle cream in tortillas.
Thanks for sharing and I hope people comment if they make this one!