Monday, February 10, 2014

Are You Still There?

Weeks ago I had such high hopes of getting back into blogging.  Admittedly, I haven't even tried.  My own mother even asked if the blog is now "non-existent"...thanks, mom.  I've been busy.  This past fall I took I took on a volunteer position with Lauren's school to co-chair their annual auction.  Most of my extra time during January went into planning that night, I felt like I had a job. And when I wasn't doing that, I was trying to keep the clan sane.

January was a long month with our freezing cold temps, school snow days and auction planning.  I'm so happy the auction is over, but wishing the weather would turn.  I feel like we will be in spring jackets when we finally get back to the thirty degree mark.    At the end of the day, I just wanted to curl up the couch with the kids or even just alone. Hibernating.  I have missed my little blog, but I'm patting myself on the back for recognizing that it's ok to step away.  This week will mark my third year anniversary of the blog and becoming a stay at home mom.  Hopefully I can dust off the camera and work on a little post like I did here and here.


In case you are wondering what I've been doing to keep us from going crazy...here goes!

School of Mom
I've been trying to work with Lauren a few days a week just to reinforce what she is learning at school.  Nothing crazy...just some numbers, a little addition, and reading.  Teachers have such patience.

Making Time
William is so much different then Lauren when it comes to independent play.  He is happy to have you set up legos or his train and he'll just play by himself.  It's great when I  bathrooms to clean and laundry to fold, but I could be doing some sort of cleaning or organizing EVERYDAY.  I've been trying to make an effort to take time with just him, to get down on the floor with him.

He also found a new favorite activity...dishwasher.  I was prepping dinner and he was next to me "washing" dishes.  As soon as I trust his skills, I'll be putting him to work.  My chapped hands will thank me.

Bringing the Outside In
A facebook friend posted that her kids were entertained for hours when she brought the snow inside and since we couldn't go outside, why not?  Lauren loved playing in the snow with her Anna doll from "Frozen."

William would play, then eat.  Play, then eat.  Hopefully there wasn't any yellow snow.
This wasn't a homerun in the entertainment area for my kids.  Sorry kids, I know there is a mountain of snow in the backyard, but enjoy this pyrex instead.  

XOXO

Aubrey





2 comments:

  1. yay, welcome back! i wondered where you went :) xxo, meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! I was wondering the whereabouts of the Crawford clan!! I gave mine up shortly after returning to work- too busy!

    ReplyDelete