Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A lil of this and a lil of that


The Dog Days of Summer

Yep, its coming to an end, the back to school clothes are in the stores and you can almost smell a newly sharpened pencil through the tv with all the commercials on. And as much as I'm ready for school to start and to tackle the fall bucket list I'm creating, we are still enjoying these last few weeks. Because believe me....come February, I'll be ready to shove that newly sharpened pencil right up Jack Frost's a$$!

We blew bubbles and played with chalk...


And picked all the fresh goodness from the garden too. Our garden does look like a jungle, but you know you want some fresh tomatoes and basil!

William is 5 months old
Dude's got mad hair, seriously. I know I've said it before, but I'm in awe of its craziness everyday. Depending on the do of the day he is nicknamed....Albert Einstein, Conan, Nick Nolte, pretty much anyone with crazy hair.

He still isn't taking a bottle, but is enjoying his rice cereal. Thank you very much!
His eyes are almost all brown, he is rolling everywhere and talking up a storm.


My Friday night.
Billy was out with friends, the kids were both asleep by 9pm and this was exactly what I wanted to do.
Multi-tasking at its best! I got sucked into a marathon of Keeping Up with the Kardashians...is it just me or is Kim K's personality a total zero?
Breakfast Date
I'd been feeling like Lauren really wanted some alone time with me, so her and I spent Saturday morning just us.

A little bagel and coffee at mom's first place of employment, Bruegger's Bagels.
And then off to the Royal Oak Farmer's Market, where Lauren snuck way too many free samples. I got this awesome summer bouquet for $6!

An awful attempt at getting a picture of her and I.

Astro Coffee
We had a whirlwind downtown experience this weekend with dinner in the D on Saturday night and hitting up this new coffee spot on Sunday morning. We did a quick lap at a random festival Saturday night and out of the corner of my eye I saw this coffee shop I recently read about.
We headed down to try it out and we weren't disappointed. Single brew was oh so good.
The set up inside wasn't conducive for our foursome...two toppers, bar seating or one large community table, so we got everything to go.
It was probably better we did do that because buttermilk scones and to die for Zingerman's croissants are always a flaky, crumbly mess. Check it out, worth the trip!
And in case you're wondering, we did hit up the Dream Cruise. In the five years we've lived in Royal Oak, we had gone to the cruise once before and had never walked up there. Check!

XOXO

Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment