Monday, November 28, 2011

I had the wine of my life

And I owe it all to you:)  Feel like dancing?
Billy and I co-hosted a little wine tasting party with my mom at her house.  Our guests were asked to bring their favorite bottle of red under $10.  

 The wines were placed in paper bags, numbered, and placed throughout the house so everyone could help themselves.  We had 15 wines and asked everyone to rank their top five.   I was giving detailed instructions here.  

 It was a great night with a perfect mix of people.  My family loved all of our friends and vice versa.  Hope we can do it again!



After tasting...

And serious tasting.

We had the big reveal.  Here are the winners.

5th & 2nd place: Robert Mondavi, Cabernet Sauvignon
4th place: Apothic Red, Winemaker's Blend
3rd place: Furlan Castelcosa, Cabernet Franc*

*disqualified - wine purchased was $12.99.  Immediately asked to leave the party.

The winner....
Red Diamond, Cabernet Sauvignon.
My aunt found it the next day at Trader Joe's for $7.99


 Check out Colin's moustache...he's doing it for a good cause.
Donate here to help him raise funds for prostate cancer.  Movember ends on the 30th.



Let the dance party begin! 
Even though hours earlier I realized I was an awful dancer, I decided to be Kevin James and let it all out.  Once you start, you can't stop. 


Thanks to mom for opening your doors and to the Crawfords for staying back with the kids.  And of course, thank you to everyone for coming, especially all you late night dancers.  I heard some of you didn't even get out of bed till 2pm.
 

Roll Tide.


Aubrey

2 comments:

  1. Aubrey you look fabulous in these pictures! Looks like my secret weapon is your secret too;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, forgot to sign my name on the above comment....Beth

    ReplyDelete