Friday, January 13, 2012

Five Things

Sleep


Or really, lack there of.  
At least someone is resting peacefully, right?  We had a slumber party together this week while dad was gone...it's our thing:)
Between the kids naps, no naps, early bedtime, late bedtime, and waking up during the night I'm certainly missing my sleep.  I have good intentions of going to bed early in the event that William wakes up, but something always seems to suck me in.  Usually Pinterest.  One night this past week, I headed to bed when the kids did and yes, it makes a difference, but then I felt like I didn't get any time to myself.  Here is to hoping William's teeth come in and we can get back on a schedule.



Parenthood

The silver lining in the lack of sleep department was that I got to watch my current favorite show ONDEMAND after my 5:45am wake up call the other day.  William wanted to play with toys and I wanted to just sit...it worked out.  It's on Tuesdays at 10pm and while I do stay up late I can't commit to an hour long show every week, occasionally, yes.  I love the story lines between each family and while many of the episodes relating to parenting are a few years away, they are very relatable.  Check it out, you won't be sorry.




Wouldn't family dinners be amazing here?  Love this table from the parents house.  The link below is a house tour.




New Window

Well, not really new, but last weekend we were crazy busy with the start of our home projects, beginning with a deep clean of the dining room.  The window panes on this door had just gotten nasty and we could actually remove them.  I can't believe how much light it lets in.  I'm loving the change. The pictures don't really capture it but it's better, trust me.


      Before...


After...


Hair


Did you know you can curl your hair with a straightner?  Yep, I didn't either until last week.  Its fast and easy, but looked pretty bananas the next morning.  It might hold up better on longer hair, but is a fun change up. 






Coupons/Savings


I saved $48.77 at the grocery store today!  This is the most I have EVER saved.  I had $13.30 in actual coupons plus the store savings.  It is nothing compared to the extreme couponers, but I'm proud of myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment