Saturday, October 6, 2012

Too Many Cooks In The Kitchen


First of all, I want to thank those who sent emails, left a voicemail, texted me, and commented this last week.  Your kind words were so thoughtful and I truly appreciate it!
............................................................................

There are just times when you need to keep your little one busy.  And while tv or a movie can be good down time, sometimes independent play needs to happen.  In our house, that has proven to be a difficult task.  Lauren has never played well on her own, she is getting better but I usually need to set her up, and even when I do it doesn't last long.  A couple of weeks ago I needed some time to get a few things accomplished while William napped and saw something on pinterest that I thought would keep Lauren busy, real busy.

Play cooking, but with real food!  GENIUS!

I brought her play kitchen into our kitchen, put on her apron, gave a few cooking utensils and then brought out the ingredients.  I told her it was all for play, but picked foods she could "eat" if tempted.

I also made a paste with flour and water like playdoh.  She was busy with this for 1.5 hrs! 
She only bothered asked me to try her creations:)

It was a BIG mess, but I really didn't mind.  A movie would have been much easier, but I know she got a lot more out of this and I felt better knowing she was doing something constructive versus zoning out on the couch.

Do you have any good ideas to keep your little ones busy?  I'm all ears!


Have a great weekend, go jump in some leaves!


XOXO

Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment