Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Trader Joe's: Hits and Misses

I love when my friend's send me a new recipe or insisting on getting a copy of tasty dish someone served.  But sometimes it's nice to know what their new favorite is at Trader Joe's...or anywhere, really.

Trader Joe's is a three minute drive from our house and a 15 minute walk.  I hate to admit this but I'm there at least once a week and it seems the last month or so I'm finding myself there two or three times a week.  I'm just waiting for someone to call me by name or offer me a job.  What makes it even easier is that the kids are so good there...free samples, finding TJ the Tiger (your local Trader probably has another animal), and free stickers.



I thought I'd share some of our latest hits and misses that we've found.



The Misses

Arancini Bites - GROSS!  A rice ball with a doll-up of fontina cheese in the center.  The kids wouldn't eat them and while I do have my opinions on my favorite foods, I'll eat just about anything.  Even I spit them out.  

The So-so

Raspberry Lemonade Sparkling Water - This is my go to drink when I want something sweet without the calories or sodium.  I love the brand La Croix, and it's still my favorite.  You may think that they are all the same and I know some people just aren't fans, but these were just ok.  

The Hits

Cilantro and Jalapeno Hummus - very tasty, not too spicy but great for snacking.
Falafel - In the frozen section and great for a last minute dinner or even lunch.  I like to always have pita and hummus on hand and this is something I can easily now add to make it a meal.  Lauren wouldn't try it, so maybe not for the kids.
Revelation Chardonnay - This is the piece de resistance.  Normally $6.99, but it's being featured for $4.99.  It's really light and not oakey because it's a french chardonnay vs. California.  Even if you don't like Chardonnay give this a try, I wasn't a fan before this either.

If you are as obsessed with Trader Joe's as I am, have you found any new favorites lately?
Or what is always in your cart?  

A Crawford standby -- Edamame Hummus.  It's always in our fridge, the kids love it too!

XOXO

Aubrey

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm going to try the chardonnay :) I could name 1,000 favorites but a few I love are the roasted red pepper hummus, the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches (they're a guilty pleasure!), and the veggie and flaxseed tortillas.

    P.S. The kiddies are such great eaters!! Props.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I not run into you at TJ's??? Maybe you go during the day? We buy a lot at Trader Joe's! Guac, salsa, mini ice cream cones....the list goes on!

    ReplyDelete