Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fried Green Tomatoes

As silly as it sounds, I've wanted to try one of these ever since I saw that movie.  I'm not sure if I've just overlooked it on a menu or living in Michigan one doesn't find it, but I figured I'd just try it myself.  


From what I've read, the tomatoes aren't just under ripened red tomatoes, they are actually green tomatoes.  They aren't always in stock, but on one of my rare shopping trips without kids I had a moment to explore the produce section.  
Ask and you shall receive!

After I posted my bucket list a few months back, my mother beat me to the punch and fried some up first.  Lucky for me, she researched the recipe and was the guinea pig.

There were a few messy steps, but they didn't take long and were delicious.  These tomatoes were quite large so next time I will slice them a little thinner and would love to find the perfect dipping sauce too.


And how am I doing on my bucket list with one week to labor day?
50% complete.


I've had go to Drive In on my list for years so I knew that was a stretch.  I swear we went to a fair and even if I don't get to a diner, I've taken ice cream and cones to our playground for all the neighborhood kids a few times to make that one count.
William's room, you ask...it's coming along.  Hope to make a post next week with some progress.

We've gone out and celebrated summer a lot of ways and while I'm ready for school to start, I'm not jumping into fall just yet.  We're holding off on cider and pumpkin spiced lattes until the colors start changing!

XOXO

Aubrey



No comments:

Post a Comment