Thursday, June 28, 2012

Camp out and in

We have been busy enjoying summer this week with swim lessons, visits to the playground and a day at the pool.  All the fun has left little to no time for naps and even less time for me/blog time.  My posts will most likely always be sporadic as our week's are never the same, so I appreciate you continuing to check in and see what's up...especially those checking multiple times a day:)

When I was making the summer bucket list I asked Lauren what she wanted to do this summer.  And with no frame of reference she said "I want to sleep outside."  Her campin' lovin' daddy honed right in on that and started planning right away.



Lauren was so excited all day about camping outside.  Wondering when we were going to put the tent up and even packing a bag.


I know Billy was in his element and Lauren was loving the special time with just her daddy.  She wanted to help with the tent and sat a watched our tiny fire grow, as a true camper should.


The only thing I can take credit for is purchasing the ingredients for s'mores.  
Yep, those are peanut butter chips.  
An excellent addition to the s'mores, in my opinion.  



After dessert, she just loved going in and out of the tent while mom and dad enjoyed a drink...William was fast asleep, thankfully.  Keeping him away from the fire would have been no easy task.







As much fun as we all had, Lauren called it quits at 8pm.  Explaining to us that it was too hot in the tent and she wanted to go inside.  It's no secret that I'm not an outdoorsy kinda girl, ya think she might take after her mother?



Nice pic, Mr. and Mrs. Chins

XOXO


Aubrey

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun, great set up! I love the OBX cuzzi:)

    Xoxo, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, so fun! You all are so cute! :)

    love you guys!

    ReplyDelete