Wednesday, November 21, 2012

William's Room: Gallery Wall


I'm finally getting to share the completed gallery wall in William's room.
Most of it has been done for awhile, but there were a few tweaks to be done to finish it!


I had a vision in my head and while it took a lot longer than I thought to make that vision happen...it did!  Decorating a toddler boy's bedroom isn't easy when you're looking for something that isn't trucks or dinosaurs, but also isn't baby or big boy.  I want the room to grow with him for a few years and felt that patterns and color would do just that!

The green chevron was actually taken from the runner I used at the Stella and Dot party I hosted and the painting was one of the hundred that Lauren has brought home from school.  Both of these could easily be switched out to add a favorite picture or maybe an art project that William may eventually bring home.

You've seen some of the projects months ago:


As much as I love pictures, I didn't want this wall to filled with them.  This black and white photo is probably my most favorite picture.  It was taken the day William was born by my mom.  We were leaving for what later became my last OB appointment and I had this feeling it was our last moment as a family of three.




I found the lamp last week at Home Goods at a great price.  The shade is a little girly, but I can easily switch that out down the road.  And the chair was my parents, I'd like to paint it orange or navy, but we are done for now!
I hope it was worth the wait...it was for me!

UPDATE:  I have gotten a lot of pinterest traffic from this post.  You can find a source list for the entire room here!  Enjoy!


Sharing With:


XOXO

Aubrey

8 comments:

  1. Love the wall! I need you to visit CA and help me decorate and help my wardrobe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great job! Little boys....are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning! I'll be featuring it later today.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so flattered that you are featuring me! Your blog and home are amazing!

      Delete
  4. It is lovely ! I think it is just perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I just found your blog after google searching little boys bedroom ideas. I LOVE William's room & that wall gallery! I'm hoping you can tell me the name of the wall color. That's exactly what I've been looking for to put in my office! Great job on his room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color is silver half dollar by Benjamin Moore. While I love the color now, I didn't at first because I originally wanted an orange, grey, and turquoise color scheme. The wall color really fought witht the turquoise almost giving the wall a purple undertone. In the end I moved toward navy and added green and the wall is the perfect backdrop. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  6. Great job on the wall and love the black and white photo too (sweet!). Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete