Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Homemade Laundry Soap

Did you know there are people out there making their own laundry soap?  I've always bought Tide, sale or no sale, it's a staple in our house.  Until my friend Sarah offered me a sample of her homemade laundry soap when we visited a few weeks ago.  She said her whites have never been so white!
The small ziploc bag she gave me lasted about six loads and I felt like it worked just as well, even getting spaghetti stains out with one washing!

The recipe seemed simple enough and apparently there are big savings.
I spent about $25 and it is suppose to last for 300 loads because all you need is 1 TBSP.  I'm keeping tabs on how long it really lasts.

You can find the recipe here.  I found everything at Kroger and Sarah purchased it all at Meijer.  

**We didn't add Dr. Bronners because we couldn't find it, but added 2 bars of Fels Naptha and an entire small jar of Oxi-Clean**
 It took less than an hour to put it all together.  Everyone was helping until the kids passed out from the powder fumes...just kidding:)

And even if you aren't into making your own soap, I would suggest buying this pre-treater.  Wet the stained item, rub the bar on the stain, and let it sit until dry.  Wash and voila!  The bar is $1.50, can't beat it!
It's no miracle detergent, but it is great and cheap!
Let me know if you try it:)
XOXO

Aubrey

1 comment: