Monday, January 7, 2013

My Home Project Goals 2013

The new year always brings some sort of goal setting for many of us.  Most people seem to use the clean slate to get into shape or lose weight.  While some I want to kick the habit of mindless internet searching before bed in favor of a book...something always sucks me in!  So far internet 6, me 1. 
But I also use the new year to plan for projects we want to complete around the house.  I usually make the list and review with Billy...so far he isn't on the hook for much labor.  This year has much less on tap than 2012, so I thought I'd share what you can expect to see.  I'm sure you'll be on pins and needles!  

Living Room Lamp
William pulled the cord on the previous lamp which lead to its death.  I secretly cheered because I thought it was ugly for awhile.  Fast forward six months and we still have no lamp.  I've searched, but my taste and checkbook are currently duking it out.

Headboard for Lauren's Bed
When we moved her to a big girl bed we just settled for a used mattress from grandma and new metal frame.  I'm hoping to find something on Craigslist and make it our own.

Dining Room Buffet Update
This has been on my radar for awhile.  The buffet has always displayed a mishmash of trinkets and right before Christmas I did a little rearranging and moved the mirror here and it looks so much better.  A better fit for the long piece of furniture and makes the room appear larger as well.  I decided to keep it bare after we put away all the Christmas decorations in hopes that it lights a fire under me...that idea hasn't worked so well with the lamp...hmmm.

Hook Rack
This was in Grandma's basement.  It needs a makeover, but I thought it would be cute in Lauren's room to hang princess dresses or tomorrow's outfit.  (Trying to be organized in the new year and laying our clothes out the night before)

New Patio Door
This has gone on and off the list for awhile, but it's a top priority now.  Well, after we train our dog to stop scratching at it to get let back inside.  It looks like a sliding door, right?  Nope.  A sliding door would help with space because the dining room is small and in the summer it would create a cross breeze from the front to the back of the house!  

Any projects planned at your house?
I have a project I never showed you from last year, something to organize a few accessories and I'm sure there will be a few other finds throughout the year too!

XOXO

Aubrey

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I couldn't help but to admire the buffet table that is displayed in the picture above. What store did you get it from? I was thinking of Raymour and Flanigan but they don't have it on their web site.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete