Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I'm No Barefoot Contessa {III}

The new year usually brings on a quest to become healthier whether it be hitting the gym or eating better.  It's also a great time to become more organized.  I've always found that meal planning helps us to eat healthier and become more organized.  Here are a few  recipes I tried out over the last few months and thought they might help you with your meal planning.  

Southwest Avocado and Sausage Quiche
This was a great make ahead dinner and even as leftovers the avocado was still green.  Note: I did use italian sausage versus breakfast sausage.

via

Meatball Sub Casserole
This is the winner for easy,super tasty and what to do with a leftover baguette.  It went over well in our house and we will for sure make again.
Note:  I used way less cream cheese then the recipe called for and trader joe's frozen meatballs.


Winter Citrus Quinoa Salad
It might sound a little summery when you look at the list of ingredients, but it's very refreshing after all the heavy holiday spreads I know we've been indulging in.  We served it as a side with sauteed tilapia, but was great as lunch the next day.

Sautéed Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Vinegar Pan Sauce

The flavors in this dish are so good, the vinegar is especially tasty soaked into the polenta.  We usually add a side salad or steamed broccoli.


Panko Breaded Tilapia served over black bean, corn and quinoa salad and a bed of spinach
This is my creation to use up leftover black bean and corn salad.  I added cooked quinoa and then the tilapia is another Trader Joe's find that my kids love.  Served over a bed of spinach to get our greens in.  

XOXO

Aubrey

1 comment: