Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Lemons.

I've had a few lemons this week and I haven't been doing the best job of making them lemonade.  I've been sour about too much...the errands, wrapping presents, never ending laundry, no time for myself, regression with potty training and could my dog possibly shed any more hair?  Yes, way too sour.  So much so, I actually started venting to my bestie on the phone while wishing her a happy birthday.  Hit. A. New. Low.  (Sorry Joc, not getting the friend of the week award here)

Enough was enough, I needed to start making lemonade.  For heaven's sake, it's Christmas!  The most wonderful time of the year, right?  I shut my brain off and forgot about what doesn't really matter and always seems to end up getting done no matter how much I freak out.

I sent William to the neighbor's house and took Lauren to a play date to have a little "Girls Club."  She seemed to want my attention more than usual the last few days.  It's hard when they can't verbalize their feelings to know exactly what is going on in their little heads, so I am hoping that my redirected attention will help her too.  

We also invited the neighbors over to partake in tonight's advent activity...breakfast for dinner!  It was nice to turn the day around and focus on what really is important.  

It definitely worked!  
There are people out there that would love to have my problems and while you only know your own reality...it's good to put things into perspective.

Much to look forward to over the next two weeks, starting with baking christmas cookies with grandma tomorrow!
XOXO

Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment