Thursday, March 15, 2012

Go-To Goodness

My girlfriends and I are always sharing new recipes, but I wondered what are their favorite go-to meals?  Ask and you shall receive!

A few of my besties sent me their favs that make it in the monthly rotation.  


Courtesy of Megan L.
"We love this one and make it ALL the time.  I use TJ's lasagna "sheets" and turkey or chicken sausage sauted with the onions instead of canadian bacon.  It's super good and you'll be able to do it by heart in no time!"



Caesar Club Sandwiches
Courtesy of Jocelyn P.

Ingredients
Rotisserie chicken (sliced)
4 ounces thinly sliced pancetta
1 large ciabatta bread
2 ounces romaine lettuce, washed and spun dry
Sliced tomatoes
Caesar dressing

Directions
Pre-heat oven to 350.
Place the pancetta on a cookie sheet pan in a single layer. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until crisp. Set aside to drain on paper towels.
In a medium bowl, mix romaine and Caesar dressing. Slice the ciabatta in half horizontally and separate the top from the bottom. Toast the bread in the oven, cut side up, for 5 to 7 minutes; cool slightly. Top bottom of bread with salad, followed by pancetta, sliced chicken and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. 



White Chicken Chili
Courtesy of Beth H.

1 32 ounce box chicken stock
3 cans white beans, drained (14.5 ounces)
5 cups chicken (I use 3 whole chicken breasts and cook all day)
1 jar salsa (16 ounces)
1 block pepper jack cheese (8 ounces)
2 tsps cumin
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 cup macaroni noodles

Combine all ingredients in crock pot, except noodles for 8-10 hours on low.
1/2 hour before serving, add noodles and shred chicken breasts.

And from me...

Courtesy of sotastysoyummy.blogspot.com

I recently found this, but have already made it three times because it is such a crowd pleaser.  The flavors of the marinade may not be for everyone, but both kids L-O-V-E!
I've made it with thin and thick porkchops and purchased the Naan's at my local Kroger.



Baked Penne Pasta

Lastly, this pasta is a go to with my mom, Jocelyn, and me!  A great meal to take a family  or to serve as a make ahead meal for company.

Courtesy of Jocelyn (she is the originator)

Ingredients
1/2 pound dry penne pasta 
1/2 onion, chopped 
1/2 pound lean ground beef 
1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce 
3 ounces provolone cheese, sliced 
3/4 cup sour cream 
3 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded 
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese 
Directions
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain. 
In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes. 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the penne, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining penne, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese. 
Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted. 


Thanks to Megan, Jocelyn, and Beth for sharing!
Let me know if you try any of these, I'd love to hear!

XOXO

Aubrey


4 comments:

  1. Hey Aubrey! Just wanted to say I've totally enjoyed reading your blog. Your kiddos are so cute, and I LOVE the home improvement projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey! We've got some more projects in the works...I sure do keep Billy busy:)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's my new favorite! Hoping to try a few other recipes I found on your blog:)

      Delete