Thursday, March 29, 2012

Summer...come back!

I should just be happy that spring is here, but the tease we had last week is making me lust for all things summer.  Living in Michigan, we usually get a 48 hour heat wave that has us dreaming about summer BBQ's and sandals, not actually doing it!  







We enjoyed a picnic at the park, several walks even into the usual cold evening hours, and some patio cocktails.  But because the warm weather stayed so long, I took it a step further.  









If you've ever paid a visit to our backyard you know it's a good 10-15 degrees warmer than the surrounding areas.  The Beacon of Heat is what I like to call it, so while it may have been 70 degrees most places, it was at least 80 degrees in our yard.  




When in Rome, right?  I pulled out some summer water toys, put the kids in their bathing suits and like most middle-aged white males....put my shorts on too:)












The fifteen day forecast isn't looking that sunny, but it's not snowing either. 

XOXO

Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment